Sunday, June 10, 2007

Embracing the Shadow: Acting Out the Play in Consensus Reality

Sometimes embracing the Shadow results in painful or horrifying scenes being played out on the scene of my creative Consensus Reality, acted out not by myself but by other character actors in my play, and I despise and fear it. Such happened twice in the past few days; and the first was so painful that I cannot look at it face on. I try to turn from its view like a man turning from the first extending tentacles of the first glimmering light of an impending nuclear explosion; but those same tentacles firmly grasp my head and draw me back to face this reality vision. Thinking of it feels like a razor blade scraping across the front of the inside of my brain. The night it happened, I went to bed early, slept only one hour, then was awakened by the repetetitive tape-loop recall of the earlier event: playing over and over and over for hours till I became emotionally distraught and sick at heart, and still I could not escape its replay.

No comments: