Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Incubus Frost of Mernac


Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction




What Brought You to Mernac?

This is the Question of the Week posed by Mernac’s Father Quont, God of Lust, and an intriguing question it is, open to many styles of answer.


I’ve answered some of this question in the post I wrote earlier: On Fantasy as a Way of Life. But that, of course, is not the specific answer to Mernac.



Last fall {Fall 2006} my all-time favourite mail server, Gmail, provided me a clue with its sponsored links in my email inbox. There it was: the link that might change my life!


www.mernac.com: Free Fantasy Fiction


This suddenly offered all three of my most favourite {and essential elements}:


Fantasy


Fiction


Free


which meant I already had an interest, and I could afford to visit the site and maybe even to participate.


So of course, I dropped everything and clicked on the link;


And voila!


I could write for Mernac too,


Not just read at Mernac!


What more could one frustrated fantasy fiction writer ask?


Not much!


Although of course then I discovered the Discipleship Classified Ads;
I applied for the Chief of Consistency position, which I thought appropriate because that would entail reading tons and tons of Mernac Legends, Lore, Characters, Items, Places, ad infinitum.


How much more pleasure could one reader attain?


Well, Father Quont, who had previously been in charge of that particular role, had instead passed it off to the excellent Father Elsen. So I was offered a choice: to apply to Elsen to be Chief of Consistency,


Or to allow Quont to transform me into a {indrawn breath}

Erotic Functionary?


Well, the promise of Writing impelled me; I had already spent well over a year reviewing Erotic fiction, so why not learn to write it {and practise it}


as well?


Why not indeed?


So here I am, firmly {one hopes} established in Disciplehood, Incubating Incubus Character and Legends, and running after other Gods to beg to use their Characters in my stories.


As Captain Jonathan Archer likes to add on Enterprise,
“I wouldn’t have it any other way.”


Why Mernac?

1 comment:

Quont said...

Well done dear Frost. It's intriguing to discover the many paths that lead our wonderful members to our home.